Dates: Thursday, May 10, Friday, May 11
Times: 6:00 pm to 9 pm
Callbacks (if necessary): Saturday, May 12
Location: Bruce M Wright Memorial Conference Center, Faichney Drive, Watertown
Cast: up to 20 members. 5 male leads, 3 female leads and a variety of circus characters, also 4 puppets
Story Synopsis: Carnival is about an orphan (Lili) who joins a traveling carnival that includes: the ringmaster, a puppeteer and his assistant (they each run two puppets), a magician and his assistant and other carnival characters. Love, innocence, pain, fun…yes life!
Synopsis from tamswitmark.com
- Prepare at least 16 bars of a pop song (no Broadway-style songs)
- Prepare a two minute comedic monologue (does not have to be memorized)
- Provide sheet music; an accompanist will be available
- An accompaniment-only CD is acceptable, provided it is edited and cued correctly. However, be prepared to have a backup playback method.
- Prepare 16 bars of a song (not from the show that you are auditioning for) that showcases your voice well
- Make sure your sheet music is prepared and marked for the accompanist
- Dress in clothing appropriate for performing some basic moves
- You only need to attend one audition session, unless you are also invited to a Call Back for more intense work with the director
- Bring a headshot if you have one - you will not have your photo returned to you
- Download, print and fill out your paperwork ahead of time to bring to auditions - avoid delays!
- Bring an acting resume if you have one; this is not required, but it will save you paperwork time
- Be prepared to notate ALL of your calendar conflicts for the entire rehearsal/performance schedule, including specific dates and times
- Be prepared to read from the script; the script will be provided for you
* Check the audition information for specific requirements as they are different for each production *
Audition Tips (PDF)